Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back in the Grind : Looks Good on Paper & Living with a Pontiac

It’s been a week or so of steady driving since the last update, and I am pleased observe a successful repair of the Pontiac’s buggered fuel injector. We’ve seen a general return to normal with the GTP’s daily fuel consumption, and despite experiencing -20*C driving temperatures we are seeing about 23 US MPG under mixed driving conditions.

Gone are the stumble and rough idle conditions, so I think I’ve got this issue solved. I removed the #3 spark plug for inspection, and it has returned to burning normally, which is relief from the blackened soot that was scraped away each time before. This is good to note as I was quite worried that there was a spark related issue in conjunction with the fuel injector. The PCM is clear of codes and with the spark plug clean I’m ready to turn my attentions back to other projects.

Until the next interesting foible presents itself, take a look at the entire series if you haven’t already done so:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Encouraged!