Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back in the Driver's Seat. (My own!)

When I last posted, it was over a year ago, I had just bid farewell to the Pontiac GTP (#2) and welcomed the replacement 2011 Ford Mustang GT as the wife's daily driver, and the "off-season" for dry pavement performance was just drawing to a close.



Since then I have transitioned from the role as a forum administrator over at www.mustangcanada.com (October 2011) to do some work with the Calgary based Fast Fords project (until August 2012) and when I gave my newly formed article archive a review, I was surprised to discover that I had nearly 200 separate works. Prior to Summer 2012 all of these individual pieces were only posted to somewhat unstable web forums, I had kept no formal backup or hard copy, so I made a serious change there. As I develop the time and space to do so, everything possible will be posted on a stable and permanent home on the internet, so stay tuned for that.

In the mean time I have been timelining everything on Facebook under the Grand Touring Concepts page located here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grand-Touring-Concepts/207098895986212 Perhaps drop in and take a look around, I am pretty impressed when I look back at all the stuff we've collectively accomplished in that tiny 440 square foot shop, and am working hard to share those memories with anyone interested.

The SS&S youtube channel has been a bit dormant, aside from some basic edit drag videos from the 2012 racing season at Castrol Raceway.

Ongoing projects to keep an eye out for are:

 Jesse's 1994 Mustang GT build: 
Equipped with only some junkyard GT40P cylinder heads and a Chinese intake manifold we were able to scoot this "Yellow Bastard" from low 14's into the 13.5 range. At the close of the season Jesse's tired, high mileage 5.0L Windsor engine developed some running issues that could be as minor as a head gasket issue or much more serious. More updates as that unfolds.


Shawn's 1993 Lada Niva project:
The first incursion into the foreign market cars, we've procured a $500 Lada Niva in need of some work. We will be making it trail ready and seeing what this old Russian SUV can do in Shawn's capable hands.








There is always something ongoing or in the works and I'll do my best to keep the updates coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Encouraged!